A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- The Struggle for the Flatlands: How Oakland Can Fight Gentrification organizingupgrade.com/index.php/comp… by @mariadelpueblo 2 hours ago
- RT @ChristopherJM: OSCE calls for release of American Ostrovsky, other journalists in eastern Ukraine kyivpost.com/content/ukrain… http://t.co/d3… 2 hours ago
- RT @pressfreedom: VICE journalist held by pro-Russians in eastern Ukraine - cpj.org/x/5a36 2 hours ago
- The crisis of solidarity: Using ‘’their plight” to score political points: wp.me/p3bKLm-ew via @Budour48 2 hours ago
- 9/11 families claim FBI spying on Guantánamo legal team 'sabotage' gu.com/p/3zfyv/tw via @guardian 3 hours ago
April 2014 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30