A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Donald Trump has some enthusiastic new admirers: White supremacists rawstory.com/2015/07/donald… via @RawStory 2 hours ago
- Another prominent black church burns in the South, the eighth in 10 days ti.me/1FPVMfC via @TIME #WhoIsBurningBlackChurches 2 hours ago
- US police killings headed for 1,100 this year, with black Americans twice as likely to die gu.com/p/4a9kv via @guardian 2 hours ago
- Cuba named first country to end mother-to-child HIV transmission reut.rs/1R2bdgy via @Reuters 11 hours ago
- RT @adamjohnsonNYC: Things presently more important than #WhoIsBurningBlackChurches? CNN: Miss USA MSNBC: Christie Fox News Christie http:/… 15 hours ago
July 2015 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31