A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @kim_tastiic: Be intersectional, but intersectionality theory can be limiting. Recognizing different oppressions exist doesn't map out a… 33 minutes ago
- Pentagon looking at Charleston, SC, brig as possible Guantanamo replacement stripes.com/news/us/pentag… 1 hour ago
- Fuckin' hell -- David Petraeus' bright idea: give terrorists weapons to beat terrorists gu.com/p/4c2hb/stw via @guardian 11 hours ago
- Check our band @SunataBand's reverbnation page - reverbnation.com/sunataband 12 hours ago
- RT @cushbomb: @swarthyvillain I'm trying to clone Anthony Shadid so that he can tell Miley Cyrus to knock it off already. 19 hours ago
September 2015 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30