A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- More SF Mid-Market artists are fighting eviction sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisco/m… via @sfexaminer 1 hour ago
- The Nightmare of Prison for Individuals With Mental Illness huff.to/1N9JXr1 via @HealthyLiving 1 hour ago
- More good news -- Chinatown Evictions Halted by Mayor Ed Lee sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisco/c… via @sfexaminer 2 hours ago
- Great news for #Station40! -- Station 40 Landlords Halt Eviction, Start Mediation missionlocal.org/2015/03/statio… via @MLNow #S40 2 hours ago
- How the whitest city in America appears through the eyes of its black residents wpo.st/RmKA0 via @washingtonpost 2 hours ago
March 2015 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31