A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- The War Machine newyorker.com/news/john-cass… via @newyorker 1 hour ago
- Professors on food stamps: The shocking true story of academia in 2014 salon.com/2014/09/21/pro… via @Salon 2 hours ago
- As US Bombs Iraq and Syria, Who Exactly Is Being Killed? - goo.gl/8pP7Ig via @commondreams 3 hours ago
- RT @jfkeeler: Ferguson officials demand exorbitant fees for city files related to Michael Brown killing dailykos.com/story/2014/09/… via @dailykos 3 hours ago
- RT @coracurrier: New documents on 12333, a Reagan executive order that governs "the majority" of NSA spying firstlook.org/theintercept/2… 10 hours ago
September 2014 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30