A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Israel buys most oil smuggled from ISIS territory - report: iglob.es/?en1084873 | via @GlobesEnglish 2 hours ago
- Obama signs defense bill despite Guantánamo limits miamiherald.com/news/nation-wo… via @MiamiHerald 2 hours ago
- Former head of US special forces admits: Islamic State would not exist if Bush didn’t invade Iraq rawstory.com/2015/11/former… via @RawStory 2 hours ago
- The NSA's bulk metadata collection authority just expired. What now? gu.com/p/4etgy/stw via @guardian 3 hours ago
- Many thanks to Snowden -- NSA’s bulk collection of Americans’ phone records ends Sunday wpo.st/fz9t0 via @washingtonpost 3 hours ago
November 2015 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30