A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Humans will be living on Mars in the next few decades, Nasa says independent.co.uk/news/science/n… 4 hours ago
- RT @NafeezAhmed: The war on Islamic State is a fiction: Daesh is the proxy bastard child of the New Cold War middleeasteye.net/columns/war-is… by me @… 12 hours ago
- RT @stevechovanec: "CIA-rebels targeted by Russia rnt moderates.They r same Qaeda networks that spawnd IS inthe 1st place" @NafeezAhmed htt… 12 hours ago
- RT @NafeezAhmed: By me on Russia's entry into the Mideast quagmire twitter.com/middleeasteye/… 12 hours ago
- Oh hell no! -- The median two-bedroom apartment in S.F. now costs $5,000 a month bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/b… via @SFBusinessTimes 16 hours ago
October 2015 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31