A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Palestinians' daily reality -- Palestinian child dead in suspected Jewish extremist arson attack on home gu.com/p/4b648/stw v @guardian 7 hours ago
- Don’t Just Close Bases at Home, Close Them Overseas nyti.ms/1HUeKGc via @nytimes 21 hours ago
- San Jose cop followed black family home and held them at gunpoint for no reason: lawsuit rawstory.com/2015/07/san-jo… via @RawStory 21 hours ago
- Mapping San Francisco's Neighborhoods By Hipsters, Yuppies, Families, and More sf.curbed.com/archives/2015/… via @CurbedSF 22 hours ago
- Officers at Sam DuBose scene involved in death of another unarmed black man gu.com/p/4b5qb/stw via @guardian 22 hours ago
July 2015 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31