A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- US Drone Obliterates Civilians in Yemen commondreams.org/headline/2014/… via @commondreams #drones #gwot 5 hours ago
- RT @marxroadrunner: Why work more? We should be working less for a better quality of life gu.com/p/3mehv #wrongtowork 9 hours ago
- Covert Inquiry by F.B.I. Rattles 9/11 Tribunals nyti.ms/1qXX17H via @nytimes 18 hours ago
- How many Swiss bank accounts does one need in order to afford living in San Francisco? I imagine quite a bit. 19 hours ago
- 5 worst cities to be a renter (unless you’re fabulously wealthy) salon.com/2014/04/19/5_c… via @Salon 19 hours ago
April 2014 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30