A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @MylesDyer: NEW VIDEO: I interview my hero @JeremyScahill about his new movie #DirtyWars. Please WATCH/RETWEET! It's important! http://… 9 hours ago
- Oh god. -- Brand new NEMA tower, aimed at well-paid tech tenants, meets high demand blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/201… 10 hours ago
- The @nytimes is paying attention. -- What's Going on in San Francisco? nyti.ms/IFTWbv #gentrification 12 hours ago
- RT @LucyKafanov: Victory RT @AthertonKD: blog.twitter.com/2013/reverting… Twitter reverts the block policy to its previous state. Block: restored. 13 hours ago
- RT @MichaelDoyle10: Sued by National Security Archive, Obama seeks to keep secret a #CIA history of Bay of Pigs, mcclatchydc.com/2013/12/12/211… … 14 hours ago
December 2013 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31