Economist Richard Wolff says that the recent upswing in stocks comes from profits made through concessions and cutbacks and that worse will come in the future. He says that workers have to get organized and fight for control of the companies. I thought this was a really great clip.
Daily Archives: July 29, 2009
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @BernieSanders: Unlike Trump we recognize climate change as the existential threat it is, not call it a hoax. We will create 20 million… 2 hours ago
- RT @PeoplesOracle: These aren't wildfires. These are government-sanctioned fires used to weaponize climate change against indigenous people… 3 hours ago
- RT @GitmoWatch: Though Mr. al-Tamir has been held at #GTMO since 2006, his trial will not commence until September of 2020, at earliest. ht… 3 hours ago
- Bolivia Orders World's Largest Air Tanker to Combat Amazon Fires telesurenglish.net/news/Bolivia-O… 3 hours ago
- RT @maramcavallaro: yall tweeting “pray for brazil” talking about “the Amazon is burning 💔” & seem to think it’s a natural disaster!the Ama… 3 hours ago