A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Anti-Blackness in the Arab World and the Violence that Doesn't Get A Hashtag scenearabia.com/Life/Arab-Anti… 8 hours ago
- RT @MikeShor: Here's the secret of "university indoctrination." Professors aren't doing it. Your little darlings are finally meeting a… 8 hours ago
- RT @LordeBarrington: @InADash the way she came out of the gate appropriating roma culture and then went on to do the same thing with black… 9 hours ago
- RT @Shakem_Akhet: The same racists that bash George Floyd for being a bad guy and say we shouldn't honor him will fight to keep statues up… 9 hours ago
- RT @InADash: HIGHEST PAID ACTRESS appropriating Bahianas. Carmen Miranda has NOTHING TO DO WITH BAHIA. AT ALL. Her dad didn't like her "sl… 9 hours ago