A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @GitmoWatch: The Absurdity of Guantanamo hrw.org/news/2020/01/2… 4 minutes ago
- RT @PopBase: According to Variety, @NickiMinaj & @Rihanna had the most popular songs among women since 2012 — both having 21 songs make Var… 1 hour ago
- RT @MattLech: Did your dad shove you into the arena of ideas when you got coldfeet and ghosted Politicon to avoid debating @SamSeder? https… 1 hour ago
- RT @jemelehill: I think I remember someone named Colin Kaepernick taking a knee to protest the police killings of unarmed black people and… 1 hour ago
- How Ghana's historic homecoming is changing Africa edition.cnn.com/travel/amp/gha… 2 hours ago