With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @MaadyNYC: Nobody Black controls the entertainment industry so if you see any Black ppl caping, it’s because they know who their boss is… 4 hours ago
- 11 Ancient African Writing Systems That Demolish the Myth that Black People were Illiterate youtu.be/QeigOJRQLUo 6 hours ago
- RT @NewAfrikanMind: Assata shares a birthday with Ida B. Wells? July 16th gotta be a recognized holiday in New Afrika. Happy Birthday to… 11 hours ago
- RT @nomesense: never forget that the government could have just paid us all to stay home. please. when this is all over and done with,… 15 hours ago
- RT @DOmowale: medium.com/@dwomowale… 17 hours ago