With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @NylaTheMusical: Y’all hate the ghetto but stay consuming and co-opting the style, music, food, and culture that comes from said ghetto.… 4 hours ago
- RT @JamariJones_ATL: Bruh someone was really shooting inside Cumberland Mall. I can’t believe this. I come here all the time. I see it so m… 4 hours ago
- RT @AishaDaughter: Reality. The Barbary slave trade and the Ottoman slave trade did not in general involve Briton and also ''black'' Africa… 4 hours ago
- RT @FeelingFisky: liberals be like “make👏 our👏 colonialism👏 intersectional👏” 18 hours ago
- RT @alperkulate: @adamhudson5 somebody l know is a proud Uncle. Congratulations Adam on getting your Masters Degree!! https://t.co/LxVIzsrC… 23 hours ago