David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @IlhanMN: 16 years ago the U.S. illegally invaded Iraq, leaving a trail of destruction and lives lost. Here are the consequences: ⁃4,49… 2 hours ago
- RT @AsterZephyrIsis: -Mandate 100% affordable for new development -Enforce acceptance of Section 8 vouchers -Expand city-wide rent control… 1 day ago
- RT @briebriejoy: I'm late to post -- it's been a busy day -- but I couldn't be more excited to join the Sanders 2020 team! It was the progr… 1 day ago
- Puzzling number of men tied to Ferguson protests have died abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/p… via @ABC News 2 days ago
- Mucad Ibrahim was separated from his family and killed during the shooting at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago