The state of the economy remains one of the top issues in the media and in people’s minds. And rightly so. Last week, the Labor Department released a report stating that no new jobs were created in the month of August. Official unemployment remains at 9.1% at the end of August, which is up from 8.8% at the end of July, according to Gallup. This dismal jobs situation put pressure on Obama to create a jobs bill, which he outlined in a speech to a joint-session of Congress yesterday evening (which I’ll come back to later on). Given the coverage and obvious importance of the current economic situation, I decided to show some useful statistics that portray the depth of this crisis and show, in my opinion, that things are actually worse than the media says it is. Read the rest of this entry »
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
July 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31