David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @QualiaRedux: perhaps... colonialism... and the stripping of natural resources from colonialised people, including commodifying their cu… 7 hours ago
- RT @ThaRealN1gga: Candace Owens watching Covington get beat the MAGA out of him https://t.co/EuEDSBnvGR 7 hours ago
- RT @JordanUhl: I was in college and a bunch of my friends families lost their houses. Obama then gave the people responsible a slap on the… 7 hours ago
- RT @JordanUhl: His fucking family died in the Holocaust you fucking pieces of shit https://t.co/aobas098Mg 7 hours ago
- Video reveals police shot Jamaica Hampton while he was running — not while he was allegedly assaulting officer missionlocal.org/2019/12/video-… 9 hours ago