David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- The African roots of blues music (the blues scale)
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
My Flickr Photos
- RT @andraydomise: Median wealth in Black households shrank by more than half, from 1983-2016 (Institute for Policy Studies, 2019). What n… 11 hours ago
- Here is her actual response: "I used a Blaccent & modern ministrelsy to get ahead in my acting career & benefit mys… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- RT @theOGwilding: I'm the daughter of long-time antivax parents. I got my first dose of Pfizer today. I might have to lie to my fam about h… 18 hours ago
- Black men are always punching bags and boogeymen for other people's bullshit even when we have nothing to do with i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @SizweLo: In a capitalist society, businesses should be owned by workers. This is the only way to gain control of the economy and have a… 1 day ago
April 2013 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30