David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Research by Black Female Professor Reveals Startling Truth That White Women Made Up 40% of Slaveowners… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @_AndeKarim: Classism is interesting. Poor people are criticized for buying food, phones, clothes and other shit you need. Right? Bu… 1 day ago
- It's good that Alyssa Milano publicly admitted her political blindspot when it comes to systemic racism. But I also… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Another way in which musicians get screwed. Sofar Sounds house concerts raises $25M, but bands get just $100 techcrunch.com/2019/05/21/how… 1 day ago
- RT @fart: BREAKING: The Krassensteins have released a bizarre video statement after being banned from Twitter https://t.co/Wz9wl7TIn7 1 day ago