David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @ProudResister: They are dumping milk down the drains to save the milk market. Fuck capitalism. One more time... FUCK CAPITALISM. http… 1 hour ago
- RT @Yamiche: Heartbreaking. Jason Hargrove was behind the wheel of a bus in Detroit when he said a passenger began to cough. The woman let… 1 hour ago
- Facts. twitter.com/LordJibroni/st… 20 hours ago
- Staggering: Record 10 Million File For Unemployment In 2 Weeks npr.org/sections/coron… 21 hours ago
- RT @leslieleeiii: Anyone want in on the Shoegaze Socialists DM group? 22 hours ago
April 2013 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30