David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @MissChisomo: I’m following a hilarious conversation on this app where an American woman is defending her Scotch ancestry and the Scots… 23 minutes ago
- RT @LunaOi_VN: - Virtually no medicine except for some basic anti-biotics and vitamins. - Mostly all the vaccines we had were from Cuba. Th… 59 minutes ago
- RT @SandyDarity: It’s one thing to express support for reparations for black American descendants of U.S. slavery. It’s entirely another to… 4 hours ago
- RT @YtH8r: Wait...he's promoting Pan Africanist blacks not born in this shithole country.....Tariq keep switching up. https://t.co/JHS15jPO… 5 hours ago
- I just wanna RT this to point out that the late Malian guitarist Ali Farka Toure said something very similar. He ba… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
July 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31