David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Are people really fleeing the Bay Area in droves? Here's what new Census data says sfgate.com/expensive-san-… via @SFGate 18 hours ago
- RT @tonetalks: @nhannahjones Diversity is problematic because it makes us ignore Slavery and Jim Crow created a specific insidious form of… 1 day ago
- RT @nhannahjones: Here is why I hate the word diversity: It pretends all marginalized people are interchangeable. The exeperiences of a whi… 1 day ago
- RT @feraljokes: Elizabeth Warren used to be a conservative but if you follow her career you can tell that she had an ideological change bas… 2 days ago
- RT @AOC: No one is arguing this. Simply put: I don’t believe in caging kids. Pretty straightforward value. I don’t care if it’s American… 2 days ago
April 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30