David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- The African roots of blues music (the blues scale)
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
My Flickr Photos
- RT @UnitedAfrika07: I lowkey think I should start making TikToks on African history and politics with some banter and memes mixed in to get… 19 hours ago
- RT @retired_radical: hold up. what? https://t.co/fHMHakqeVL 2 days ago
- RT @thurgoodhamer: "Black jokes are always controversial or offensive, even when the comedian is Black " "This in no way suggests that ther… 2 days ago
- RT @DOmowale: Studying our history is one thing. Being able to apply those lessons is another thing altogether. Anyone can read Marcus Garv… 2 days ago
October 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31