David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @isabella_shey: decolonize decolonization bc u annoying bitches colonized decolonization 8 hours ago
- RT @xspotsdamark: Here's a thread on the most enslaved African People of the Trans-Atlantic Slave trade. According to historical records, t… 9 hours ago
- RT @Saloneprince1: All of those a very realistic an could happen in lesss than a century so idk why people act as if Pan Africanism is some… 9 hours ago
- RT @Saloneprince1: 💯 I believe in unfied nations doesn’t have to be one big country 😂,borders must change to grow large powerful nations so… 9 hours ago
- RT @howlpolitically: They never left. There was no major war against them like in places like Vietnam. That would’ve defiantly made them l… 10 hours ago
November 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30