David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @RickyRawls: This is a great point. Kamala *explicitly* said she was not going to do anything for Black people just on the basis of thei… 2 hours ago
- Cultural appropriation of Māori traditions is an exercise in entitlement and privilege theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 12 hours ago
- RT @HalfAtlanta: she has (accurately) referred to herself as the "top cop" many times. the only 'racist narrative' is the audacity to tell… 15 hours ago
- RT @MadiLAlexander: 30 under 30 lists should be required to list your parents’ net worth and occupation 15 hours ago
- RT @WestEndStrategy: Aging detainees describe health care woes at #Guantanamo 18 years after 9/11. @GuyDavies94 of @abc cites a @P4HR and @… 20 hours ago
December 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31