David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @AJNash10: I've repeated these words from our Immortal Advocate, Scholar, Ancestor, and Grand Master Teacher Dr. Frances Cress Welsing m… 24 minutes ago
- RT @amalahmed214: It makes me really upset that a lot of journalists I'm following are finally outraged about the AP building bombing but l… 1 hour ago
- RT @GatesSauce: We always talk about Pharrell but Ludacris done looked the same since I was in 3rd grade lol twitter.com/WORLDSTAR/stat… 2 hours ago
- RT @NatashaMLee: Being Black is NOT a predictor for health disparities. Anti-Black racism IS a predictor for health disparities. I’m tir… 2 hours ago
- RT @Ali_reports: Clean video of Israeli missile bombing of Al Jazeera and AP office building in Gaza on 5/15/2021. #Gaza #الجزيرة https://… 6 hours ago
May 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31