David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Daily chart: Americans overestimate social mobility in their country economist.com/blogs/graphicd… via @TheEconomist 6 hours ago
- RT @YaBoySavage_: this gif made me drop out of college my brain dont work anymore https://t.co/WuJvQpHyKR 20 hours ago
- RT @the_admo: If y'all are mad about Russian trolls posting a bunch of memes wait til you hear about the US involvement in overthrowing the… 20 hours ago
- RT @davidsirota: America is the only industrialized country with: - This level of wealth inequality - This lack of universal health care… 20 hours ago
- This is a huge reason why the media has such a huge racial/socioeconomic/cultural/regional diversity problem & is a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 20 hours ago
February 2018 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28