David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @BernieSanders: Climate change is a global emergency. Bolsonaro and his corporate cronies are burning the Amazon rainforest for personal… 2 hours ago
- RT @nytimes: A former Navy SEAL and current military lawyer who's defending a Qaeda suspect has been denied a promotion — a potentially car… 10 hours ago
- Fires in the Amazon could be part of a doomsday scenario that sees the rainforest spewing carbon into the atmospher… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders unleashes $16 trillion climate plan that builds on Green New Deal usatoday.com/story/news/pol… 10 hours ago
- RT @BernieSanders: Unlike Trump we recognize climate change as the existential threat it is, not call it a hoax. We will create 20 million… 13 hours ago
August 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31