David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
- Wall Street was founded on slavery
- U.S. expands its shadow wars in Africa
- U.S. Ambassador Susan Rice's 2010 Commencement Address at Stanford University (and my thoughts)
- Santorum — An Ally of the Rich, Not the Poor (my opinion piece in TurnstyleNews)
- Trayvon Martin's death and the need for alternatives to policing
- Every 36 hours, a black person is killed by a police officer
- Obama's first-term record of militarism
- Libya and Somalia raids -- more rendition, more wars in Africa
My Flickr Photos
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
October 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31