David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @adamjohnsonNYC: not that anyone cares but the Senate just passed a $716B defense bill for 2019, a 13% increase over 2017, or roughly $8… 1 hour ago
- Even Ted Cruz is opposed to separating immigrant families. bit.ly/2LXdYio 13 hours ago
- RT @BrandonTXNeely: We should call Republican politicians and just play the sound of the babies crying in dentention centers. 17 hours ago
- RT @Send_Lwyds: American culture is saying 'this isn't America' in response to approximately 90% of things America does 19 hours ago
- RT @extranapkins: Remember in history class when they were like So if they ever start doing child concentration camps you gotta do a violen… 19 hours ago
June 2018 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30