David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @karpmj: my normie friend refuses to tweet but keeps sending me perfect diamond-cut takes on the DC media sphere https://t.co/B244fuH2Y7 1 hour ago
- Meghan McCain is a great example of gross, incompetent nepotism. Meghan McCain Snaps Over ‘Uncivil’ Applause | Joy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- Guatemalan toddler dies after being held in ICE detention centre for 20 days independent.co.uk/news/world/ame… 2 hours ago
- RT @e_alexjung: we're unionizing at NYMag, and this is our mission statement: https://t.co/CaozXnXyys 6 hours ago
- How anti-black bias in white men hurts black men's health theconversation.com/how-anti-black… via @ConversationUS 13 hours ago
December 2018 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31