David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @bhojanio: Schools were named after confederate generals in response to calls for racial equality & de-segregation. My story https://t.c… 12 hours ago
- Trump supporters are an incredibly gullible bunch who are just now realizing that he's a racist piece of shit verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/if-you-voted-f… 1 day ago
- Tina Fey's Response to Charlottesville Is White Privilege Personified splinternews.com/tina-feys-resp… 1 day ago
- Happy Birthday? Pakistani captive at Guantánamo turns 70, plans to write old neighbor President Trump miamiherald.com/news/nation-wo… 1 day ago
- US troops call in airstrike after they come under fire in Somalia cnn.com/2017/08/17/pol… 1 day ago
August 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31