David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- The 3 Richest Americans Hold More Wealth Than Bottom 50% Of The Country, Study Finds via @forbes forbes.com/sites/noahkirs… 20 minutes ago
- RT @SageFrancis: It really sucks that a large majority of my most talented music friends are either dead or had to step away from art in or… 2 hours ago
- RT @AmyAbroad: Doing my makeup on the train this morning and a random man told me he likes women to have a more natural look. I told him I… 5 hours ago
- RT @FlyingOverTr0ut: Unite the Right 2 organizer, Nazi failure Jason Kessler gets yelled at by his dad for being a Nazi while livestreaming… 5 hours ago
- “What Have We Done?”: Silicon Valley Engineers Fear They've Created a Monster vanityfair.com/news/2018/08/s… 11 hours ago
August 2018 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31