David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @angryeliza: Just want to let y’all know that after 8 long days we are out, back, and stronger. All power to the people. https://t.co/ru… 42 minutes ago
- RT @briebriejoy: .@IlhanMN is right. The way to win is to appeal to non voters— especially Obama voters who stayed home in 2016– by advocat… 43 minutes ago
- RT @shedefendsit: When the cops killed 7 y/o Aiyana Jones in Detroit during a no knock raid, they arrested her aunt saying she grabbed thei… 59 minutes ago
- RT @JaKingAce25: Ados is salivating from the mouth rn. You know the reason why Trump did this. I always find pro-Trump African/Black people… 8 hours ago
- RT @TLO_SULLY: Love spending our tax dollars on sci-fi super-villain weapons instead of things like social services or healthcare. https://… 9 hours ago
September 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30