David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @kgosztola: Neil Gorsuch and his past hostility against Guantanamo lawyers shadowproof.com/2017/03/23/nei… 16 hours ago
- RT @carolrosenberg: Statement from Brig. Gen. Mark Martins, war crimes prosecutor, at close of week-long Sept. 11 case pretrial hearing. ht… 16 hours ago
- LOL. Brilliant. aboveaverage.com/why-cant-both-… 17 hours ago
- I'm surprised+disappointed that my hometown Pittsburg, CA, as diverse as it is, rejected sanctuary city status ktvu.com/news/244358568… 20 hours ago
- RT @Rob__Sly: yes, but in the exact opposite of the way you're thinking https://t.co/luB8fHnoUX 20 hours ago
March 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31