David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @jeff_kaye: Intel agencies fear exposure of their crimes! “It is a matter of not only concealing information that is classified... but… 8 hours ago
- RT @chinomoreno: My kids are streaming live dj sets rn to benefit some of local homeless affected by CVD-19. Tune in and donate if u can.… 17 hours ago
- Poll: 57% of voters say US political system works only for insiders with money & power thehill.com/hilltv/what-am… 19 hours ago
- RT @Joshua4Congress: Imagine thinking a Joe Rogan endorsement is worse than a literal rape allegation 20 hours ago
- RT @AlexSJacquez: the virgin economist vs the chad ft https://t.co/6XzuhoMvNY 21 hours ago
April 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30