David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @CoriBush: The USPS is and must remain a public good. https://t.co/okwenqVmqz 3 hours ago
- RT @traceyecorder: How can we “vote them in and hold them accountable” if you are attempting to silence valid critique? 3 hours ago
- Burundi wants Belgium and Germany to pay $43 billion in reparations for harm done during decades of colonial rule… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- RT @black_mixed: @indigenoussista And to see how much different the opioid crisis is treated should further infuriate us. 7 hours ago
- RT @indigenoussista: @black_mixed I was born in the early/mid 80s, during the era of "Reaganomics". I was a baby/toddler around that time,… 7 hours ago
August 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31