David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @paldhous: Two researchers claim that a single number they call the “political stress indicator” can warn when societies are at risk of… 9 hours ago
- A Divided Nation Agrees on One Thing: Many People Want a Gun nytimes.com/2020/10/27/us/… 14 hours ago
- RT @FOX29philly: "BLACK LIVES STILL MATTER": The oldest of Walter Wallace Jr.'s three sons spoke out during a family press conference Tuesd… 14 hours ago
- ‘Shy’ Trump voters will power his win, says pollster who called 2016 race news.yahoo.com/shy-trump-vote… via @YahooNews 14 hours ago
- RT @JaneLytv: The chat logs, all from this year, show that the group's Americana demeanor hides open white supremacy. The members — all of… 15 hours ago
October 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31