David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @HinaShamsi: Two years ago, Mohamedou Ould Salahi was freed from Guantanamo. It took too long. He should never have suffered such cruelt… 18 hours ago
- RT @carolrosenberg: Popular souvenir with this group of first-time visiting journalists: T-shirt says, “It don’t GTMO better than this.” (G… 1 day ago
- Study: Half of SF’s increase in traffic congestion due to Uber, Lyft sfexaminer.com/study-half-sfs… 2 days ago
- Tax cuts for big corporations. Federal Deficit Jumps 17 Percent As Tax Cuts Eat Into Government Revenue n.pr/2yHcpjQ 2 days ago
- RT @haymarketbooks: John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry began on October 16, 1859. https://t.co/JB62EBY4kw 2 days ago
October 2018 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31