David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Interesting to see what Alex Jones is up to. Alex Jones Offers $1 Million for Conviction in Alleged Child Porn Ma… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- RT @dril: beanie babies are just bit coins in real life 16 hours ago
- RT @kenklippenstein: "We can't afford Medicare-For-All" 9news.com.au/world/f35-join… 16 hours ago
- RT @jules_su: Hey kids! Don’t forget that if you study hard, listen to your parents, do your chores, be polite, set goals, learn a new lan… 1 day ago
- These slave testimonies are harrowing montgomeryadvertiser.com/in-depth/news/… 1 day ago
June 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30