David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @glynco: James Connell the attorney for Ammar al-Baluchi said: "Witnesses are the foundation of the American criminal justice system,"… 7 hours ago
- RT @JaredSawyerJr: 3 of them killed 30 people. 3 of them killed no one. Look at the differences in the mugshots. THIS IS WHY WE KNEEL! htt… 8 hours ago
- RT @akirathedon: Sweet, smiling Tom Never deleted a post Never suspended an account Never rearranged a timeline You gave us everything a… 8 hours ago
- RT @SeeDaneRunAgain: We have three Pitch Perfect movies, eleventy billion Fast and the Furious, 14 remakes of Spiderman, and not one gotdan… 16 hours ago
- RT @DaddyDaddymac: So i see Michael Avenatti wants to run for president. I heard Dwayne The Rock Johnson has floated the idea. Some people… 16 hours ago
August 2018 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31