David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @liz_franczak: wait do people not know Obama also tried to cut social security or are we easing into that realization 1 hour ago
- RT @BuzRichie: Samba, Meringue, Salsa, Cumbia, Bachata, Reggaeton, etc. All have African roots/influence twitter.com/AfroN8V/status… 4 hours ago
- RT @VisionONEUNITE1: Africans at Home and in the Diaspora we are one. One currency. When the slumbering GIANT called AFRICA shall awake the… 7 hours ago
- RT @BlakeDontCrack: People’s Breakfast Oakland in the field serving the houseless people of Oakland. While the government terrorizes @moms4… 8 hours ago
- RT @KendraWrites: This is why you're broke. It's also why small businesses in NYC are disappearing. People blame the internet which is a… 9 hours ago
January 2020 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31