David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- The African roots of blues music (the blues scale)
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
My Flickr Photos
- RT @kron4news: California is the only large state to make it out of the highest COVID-19 transmission risk category, according to the CDC.… 1 day ago
- RT @ericapanMD_CDPH: CA is one of the few states and the only large state to improve from red to orange COVID-19 Community levels of transm… 1 day ago
- RT @MoorInformation: September 15, 1970 — Today would have been Eric Garner’s 51st birthday. https://t.co/ACAIK7lx0T 1 day ago
- The shithead cops literally claimed they rescued her "lost" toddler on social media after they beat her up and brok… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @Sifill_LDF: The great underreported scandal is that jurisdictions are willing to pay out these settlements rather than end unconstituti… 1 day ago
September 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30