David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @that_gai_gai: I implore all of my Americans to research why rat mine sniffers are needed in Cambodia and Laos 😕 twitter.com/reuters/status… 1 hour ago
- RT @wife_geist: ERCOT: our infrastructure was simply not designed for temperatures this cold also ERCOT: our infrastructure was simply not… 2 hours ago
- RT @lailatweetzx: I’m confused because when you needed Blacks to play slave owners you had no trouble finding them lol…. https://t.co/yPLbW… 2 hours ago
- RT @jordanbilal2: yt organizers (dsa affiliated) in OC & LA have raised over $2.6 Million (combined) since last summer and most folks on th… 3 hours ago
- RT @216_Nez: Your ancestors endured and survived one of the greatest and most prolonged atrocities in human history and you think they were… 3 hours ago
June 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30