David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @samstein: Hannity calls everyone he disagrees with in journalism an out of touch limousine-driving elitist and the guy owns 870 houses. 8 hours ago
- RT @summer7570: @samstein @winetast3r Love when Fox calls Hillary and dems elite. Like Murdoch, Koch bros, and GOP leaders are middle class… 8 hours ago
- RT @carolrosenberg: Camp 7 is mysterious and isolated by design. Deep divers know that conditions of confinement are consideration at punis… 12 hours ago
- First protected DREAMer is deported under Trump usat.ly/2pyZriQ via @usatoday 21 hours ago
- Black voters warn Democrats with 2020 ambitions about taking them for granted washingtonpost.com/powerpost/blac… 21 hours ago
April 2018 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30