David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- The White Left Needs to Embrace Black Leadership via @thenation thenation.com/article/activi… 47 minutes ago
- RT @OGCORLIN: Police murdered 12 year old Tamil Rice for having a toy gun twitter.com/dixonpolice/st… 4 hours ago
- RT @bluskyz: So baseball players will get tested for COVID-19 every two days. How often will teachers and students be tested? 4 hours ago
- RT @Turtle_andretti: I’m honestly extremely lucky to live in a black American area where it’s black folks from all around the diaspora. Cuz… 4 hours ago
- RT @JordanChariton: Michael Tracey finally getting that Nazi love he’s been working hard for twitter.com/ShaneSheehy/st… 5 hours ago
July 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31