David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @JasonLeopold: This is exactly what happened at Guantanamo truthout.org/articles/exclu… twitter.com/reveal/status/… 48 minutes ago
- RT @PradhanAlka: Let's just stop saying we're better than "this." "This" encompasses a lot of things - detainee torture, extrajudicial kill… 58 minutes ago
- RT @jeremyscahill: Many on the left warned that if we didn't change the bad immigration policies under Obama (deporter in chief) it would o… 1 hour ago
- RT @jessehawken: 2016: "Come on, you're talking like Trump's going to put people in concentration camps" 2018: "First of all, I think it's… 2 hours ago
- RT @kenklippenstein: DHS' spokesman, @SpoxDHS, just called me and demanded I stop soliciting tips about him via Twitter. He also asked who… 6 hours ago
June 2018 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30