David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @WideAsleepNima: Centrist Democrats are the best thing to happen to right-wing extremists and they fucking know it. https://t.co/DFEjRLx… 10 hours ago
- RT @IBJIYONGI: But sure, the economy is going great https://t.co/XyKGIX3TMY 10 hours ago
- PHOTOS: Berkeley Juneteenth Festival Celebrates Black Pride and Community in the Face of Displacement kqed.org/news/11755103/… 10 hours ago
- ‘37 Bullets For What?’: No One Has Answers After Cops Kill Unarmed Ryan Twyman theroot.com/37-bullets-for… via @TheRoot 10 hours ago
- RT @AlliJarrar: The US government punished @MohamedouOuld for years in Guantanamo for crimes he did not commit. Now, his own government is… 11 hours ago
June 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30