David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @yashalevine: Looking over my notes, found this from a few years back. Great recovered history of surveillance by @flyingzukini. https:… 6 hours ago
- RT @Reprieve: 5 civilians were killed in a US raid in Yemen this week, we've found - including a 70-year old, partially blind man: https://… 7 hours ago
- RT @MrKenShabby: This truly wonderful Roger story from @marchaynes is soothing my aching soul. 😪 https://t.co/DM7zhybLrs 12 hours ago
- Excellent rant/discussion about why Linkin Park's latest album is so awful. Plus, a nice tribute to Chris Cornell youtube.com/watch?v=QHUomE… 16 hours ago
- Listening to this song a lot today youtube.com/watch?v=dRnKvX… 16 hours ago
May 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31