David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Well now... The White Woman Who Blocked A Black Man From Getting Into His Apartment Is Married To A ‘Man Of Color… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- Officers With Military Experience More Likely to Shoot, Study Says themarshallproject.org/2018/10/15/pol… via @MarshallProj 4 hours ago
- RT @lib_crusher: Laughing out loud at this lady in Massachusetts with a tactical racism binder https://t.co/lcF7FdolOn 4 hours ago
- RT @glynco: When the U.S. ceded the moral high-ground and accepted brutality as an instrument of national power, the conditions were set to… 4 hours ago
- Study: anti-black hiring discrimination is as prevalent today as it was in 1989 vox.com/identities/201… via @voxdotcom 4 hours ago
October 2018 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31