David Petraeus may be out of the military and Central Intelligence Agency but he’s found a new role elsewhere — in the game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.” Well, his likeness, that is. Set in the year 2025, the first-person shooter features Petraeus as the Secretary of Defense serving under a female President resembling Hillary Clinton. Gamers first see Petraeus on board an aircraft carrier named the “USS Barack Obama” greeting an apprehended terrorist in an orange jumpsuit. While Petraeus was uninvolved in the game’s production, his “Call of Duty” cameo reveals the symbiotic relationship between video games and U.S. militarism.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @J_T_Horowitz: Just a reminder that people in DoD have gotten angry at NGOs for using terms like “drones” and “targeted killings” becaus… 1 day ago
- Trump warned of impeachment and jail time as investigation escalates - follow live updates independent.co.uk/news/world/ame… 1 day ago
- Shit... An Ohio woman, accused of planning a terror attack on a bar, allegedly exchanged letters with mass murdere… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc. are monopolies that need to be busted up. Facebook Emails Show Its Real Mission: Ma… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @Ocasio2018: Double standards are Paul Ryan being elected at 28 and immediately being given the benefit of his ill-considered policies c… 1 day ago
December 2018 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31