A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @arsenalcode: This is how the parasitic neocolonial comprador class was created during colonialism. The descendants of these collaborato… 47 minutes ago
- RT @jenjajeh: Some Palestinians are Christian. Some Palestinians are Muslim. Some Palestinians are Jewish. The issue of Palestine-Isra… 5 hours ago
- RT @TheConsciousLee: A BLACK WOMAN.. Was The First Black Person to Run for US President.. though I’m familiar with the history of Ms. Chish… 5 hours ago
- RT @AubreyLefkowitz: I just learned that America's current wealth gap is wider than that of France in 1789, right before the revolution, so… 5 hours ago
- RT @AishaDaughter: To simply say Africa is poorly ruled and then to gloss over why, except to make some lazy essentialist claim about the s… 6 hours ago
August 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31