A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @QualiaRedux: perhaps... colonialism... and the stripping of natural resources from colonialised people, including commodifying their cu… 6 hours ago
- RT @ThaRealN1gga: Candace Owens watching Covington get beat the MAGA out of him https://t.co/EuEDSBnvGR 6 hours ago
- RT @JordanUhl: I was in college and a bunch of my friends families lost their houses. Obama then gave the people responsible a slap on the… 6 hours ago
- RT @JordanUhl: His fucking family died in the Holocaust you fucking pieces of shit https://t.co/aobas098Mg 7 hours ago
- Video reveals police shot Jamaica Hampton while he was running — not while he was allegedly assaulting officer missionlocal.org/2019/12/video-… 8 hours ago
December 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31