A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Tilting, sinking San Francisco high-rise raises alarm finance.yahoo.com/news/tilting-s… 55 minutes ago
- RT @adamjohnsonNYC: Yeah that's not true twitter.com/eqca/status/78… 15 hours ago
- RT @jeremyscahill: This is a really great conversation between @ggreenwald and @NaomiAKlein on Hillary, Snowden & Wikileaks https://t.co/h… 23 hours ago
- RT @cecicardelle: When you protest a Trump rally but no one realizes your shirt says "Latinas AGAINST trump" so they take pics w/ you like… 1 day ago
- RT @kenklippenstein: most incomprehensible ideas of 2016: -criticizing Clinton =/= support for Trump -opposing military escalation with Rus… 1 day ago
October 2016 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31