A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @tariqnasheed: Dear Alabama, If you vote for Roy Moore It's safe to suspect you are a white supremacist. There are literally NO other r… 1 day ago
- Supervisor London Breed becomes acting San Francisco mayor upon Ed Lee’s death sfgate.com/politics/artic… via @SFGate 1 day ago
- San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee dead at 65 m.sfgate.com/news/article/S… 1 day ago
- Very useful -- How To Mine Bitcoin youtu.be/yUPqZGQyBw8 via @YouTube 1 day ago
- Why Aren’t Americans Celebrating fall of ISIL State? It is a bogeyman juancole.com/?p=172252 1 day ago
December 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31