A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @rachelswarns: Columbia unearths its ties to slavery: The university benefited from slavery-related fortunes & helped increase them http… 4 hours ago
- RT @mcurryfelidae07: At least fourteen Democrats voted for espionage maximalist & rabid Islamophobe Mike Pompeo as CIA Director, including… 7 hours ago
- RT @historyinflicks: Funny how so many people who have no problem with drone war, Gaza massacres, etc. all turn into motherfuckin Gandhi wh… 7 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: Trump-loving fascist: The Muslims want us to live under shariah law! Trump-loving fascist: We need registries and internment c… 7 hours ago
- RT @Hdharris_irl: When you frame nazis as just people with different political views, you are legitimizing genocide as a political position. 7 hours ago
January 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31