A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @nytimesworld: One city’s woes represent a broader problem for China: too many unproductive, debt-laden factories nyti.ms/2wDd3iQ 7 hours ago
- RT @discomfiting: Today in 1893 the American government arrested and jailed Emma Goldman for giving an anti-capitalist speech to workers at… 7 hours ago
- RT @Trilladelphian: https://t.co/ghoqSAXcb1 8 hours ago
- RT @viaSimonRomero: Members of the John Brown Gun Club. They told me they're in Phoenix to protect protesters from white nationalists https… 8 hours ago
- RT @Laura_GomezRod: Pic taken ~ 30mins ago. Armed group self-identified as "John Browne Group" said it's 'anti-racist, pro-worker' here to… 10 hours ago
August 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31