A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @AsterZephyrIsis: 🚨SF Neighbors Solidarity Network🚨is delivering free groceries + supplies (hand sanitizer, gloves, mask) to our elders… 2 hours ago
- RT @MarkRicky97: i will not vote for this man twitter.com/JoeBudden/stat… 3 hours ago
- RT @coreypein: public broadcaster remembers who it works for twitter.com/malonebarry/st… 4 hours ago
- RT @sueonthetown: After Derrick Smith told his COVID-19 patient they needed a ventilator, the gasping patient asked: "who's going to pay fo… 4 hours ago
- RT @andraydomise: This is exactly what I was thinking about. Throwing Nina Turner under the bus was bad enough, but apologizing for the Zep… 4 hours ago
April 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30