A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @vulture: Constance Wu slams Matt Damon’s #TheGreatWall film for perpetuating a "racist myth" vult.re/2aEnnuH https://t.co/sYKzz… 3 hours ago
- RT @sfchronicle: Black voices matter: Dr. Tiffany Chioma Anaebere. #blacklivesmatter projects.sfchronicle.com/2016/black-voi… https://t.co/cU5M8H9pnW 3 hours ago
- RT @carolrosenberg: At Guantanamo's O'Kelly's pub, the beer of the month is #PBR. (For troops. Not detainees.) https://t.co/a6YLEuZ7aF 6 hours ago
- Who Should Bernie Voters Support Now? Robert Reich vs. Chris Hedges on Tackling the Neoliberal Order youtu.be/jr4cXH3Fil8 v @democracynow 8 hours ago
- RT @shanevader: THE @ERICANDRE SHOW IS THE BEST AND IT COMES BACK IN ONE WEEK 😍😍😍😍 https://t.co/LReoVmp0N5 9 hours ago
July 2016 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31