A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- This caller calls out Fox News for spewing racist, xenophobic rhetoric. twitter.com/slpng_giants/s… 1 hour ago
- RT @cenkuygur: You ever notice that whenever a politician promises to do anything for the poor or middle class, it’s characterized as a giv… 1 hour ago
- RT @adamjohnsonNYC: Heres the thing w/ NYT—& why so much “edgy” commentary in corp media in general is anti-Muslim, anti-feminist & transph… 2 hours ago
- RT @DrJonathanRosa: For some scholars, mass incarceration, educational inequity, addiction, homelessness, border policing, etc. are abstrac… 2 hours ago
- RT @brianbeutler: So, which senators knew about Stier's allegation and said nothing? 3 hours ago
September 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30