A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Yep medium.com/@girlziplocked… 4 hours ago
- .@MichaelAWoodJr explains civilian-led policing -- a sensible solution+new paradigm youtu.be/_fdG5oA4CM8; youtu.be/Qn3TBo6Ab9s 6 hours ago
- RT @RealTimBlack: Policing By the People | Civilian Led Policing with Michael A. Wood Pt. 1 @MichaelAWoodJr @CivilianLedPD https://t.co/… 6 hours ago
- Leftwing Democrats say Jon Ossoff loss shows 'massive failure' of party's elites theguardian.com/us-news/2017/j… 17 hours ago
- Most Of America’s Terrorists Are White, And Not Muslim huffingtonpost.com/entry/domestic… 17 hours ago
June 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30