A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @nikhilgoya_l: DNC just sent a clear message to young people: We don't give a shit about you. 43 minutes ago
- Standing Rock is burning – but our resistance isn't over theguardian.com/us-news/2017/f… 1 day ago
- The Travel Press is Reporting the 'Trump Slump,' a Devastating Drop in Tourism to the United States frommers.com/tips/miscellan… 1 day ago
- RT @OmarSShakir: Encouraged by reports that Israeli authorities considering reversing decision to deny @hrw a work permit for me https://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @SalomeGemme: Its creepy how fond American media is of picking random people just trying to survive in poverty as model examples of a "g… 1 day ago
February 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28