A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @JewishWorker: See, saying Bernie's an old white man—that's not antisemitic. That isn't worrisome. *This?* The ol' "commie Jew is a Russ… 2 hours ago
- This is huge. slate.com/news-and-polit… 2 hours ago
- The number of white supremacist groups is rising. usatoday.com/story/news/nat… 5 hours ago
- RT @carolrosenberg: Thanks, Charlie. Eager to work together again. twitter.com/charlie_savage… 8 hours ago
- Trump ripped his 'national emergency' move straight from the playbook of a dictator latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/… 15 hours ago
February 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28