A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Good question. nytimes.com/2017/04/22/opi… 3 hours ago
- This bill is a "fuck you" to the poor and working-class nytimes.com/2017/05/22/us/… 4 hours ago
- This underground railroad took slaves to freedom in Mexico pri.org/stories/2017-0… 4 hours ago
- Is The United States Militarizing Space? shadowproof.com/2017/05/18/uni… 6 hours ago
- Another example of racist hate crimes occurring on a regular basis under Trump's America. thenation.com/article/lynchi… 6 hours ago
May 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31