A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Star-Spangled Bigotry: The Hidden Racist History of the National Anthem theroot.com/articles/histo… via @TheRoot 4 hours ago
- RT @KevinCarson1: Most Americans literally have no idea how unusual our degree of flag-worship and obsessive patriotic display seems elsewh… 9 hours ago
- RT @antievictionmap: A new online map could help fight gentrification and displacement in Bushwick archpaper.com/2016/08/bushwi… 9 hours ago
- Following Kaepernick's Suit, T.I. Refuses to Stand For the National Anthem essence.com/2016/08/29/ti-… via @Essence 9 hours ago
- NFL player backs down from joining national anthem protest thehill.com/blogs/in-the-k… 10 hours ago
August 2016 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31