A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @tonetalks: @nhannahjones Diversity is problematic because it makes us ignore Slavery and Jim Crow created a specific insidious form of… 4 hours ago
- RT @nhannahjones: Here is why I hate the word diversity: It pretends all marginalized people are interchangeable. The exeperiences of a whi… 4 hours ago
- RT @feraljokes: Elizabeth Warren used to be a conservative but if you follow her career you can tell that she had an ideological change bas… 21 hours ago
- RT @AOC: No one is arguing this. Simply put: I don’t believe in caging kids. Pretty straightforward value. I don’t care if it’s American… 1 day ago
- RT @Salmaun: @AndrewPollackFL @AOC Not really fair to call it “the only democracy in the Middle East” when the US intentionally undermines… 1 day ago
April 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30