A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reveals something quite depressing. The poll shows that a majority of Americans, including many Democrats, support President Obama’s counterterrorism policies of keeping Guantanamo Bay prison open and drone strikes against suspected terrorists abroad. These are policies that Obama and many liberals criticized Bush for doing. But now that Obama is carrying them out, there’s ample support these policies.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @WideAsleepNima: Centrist Democrats are the best thing to happen to right-wing extremists and they fucking know it. https://t.co/DFEjRLx… 10 hours ago
- RT @IBJIYONGI: But sure, the economy is going great https://t.co/XyKGIX3TMY 10 hours ago
- PHOTOS: Berkeley Juneteenth Festival Celebrates Black Pride and Community in the Face of Displacement kqed.org/news/11755103/… 11 hours ago
- ‘37 Bullets For What?’: No One Has Answers After Cops Kill Unarmed Ryan Twyman theroot.com/37-bullets-for… via @TheRoot 11 hours ago
- RT @AlliJarrar: The US government punished @MohamedouOuld for years in Guantanamo for crimes he did not commit. Now, his own government is… 11 hours ago
June 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30