The twin U.S. raids in Libya and Somalia occurred almost a month ago but they’re still worth discussing, especially in light of the movie “Captain Phillips”, which stars Tom Hanks and is based on the 2009 hijacking of an American ship by Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean. The movie was released October 11. Also, I haven’t been able to lay out my thoughts on the raids until now. Overall, they signify a continuation of rendition and the expansion of U.S. militarism into Africa.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @tariqnasheed: Dear Alabama, If you vote for Roy Moore It's safe to suspect you are a white supremacist. There are literally NO other r… 1 day ago
- Supervisor London Breed becomes acting San Francisco mayor upon Ed Lee’s death sfgate.com/politics/artic… via @SFGate 1 day ago
- San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee dead at 65 m.sfgate.com/news/article/S… 1 day ago
- Very useful -- How To Mine Bitcoin youtu.be/yUPqZGQyBw8 via @YouTube 1 day ago
- Why Aren’t Americans Celebrating fall of ISIL State? It is a bogeyman juancole.com/?p=172252 1 day ago
December 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31