The twin U.S. raids in Libya and Somalia occurred almost a month ago but they’re still worth discussing, especially in light of the movie “Captain Phillips”, which stars Tom Hanks and is based on the 2009 hijacking of an American ship by Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean. The movie was released October 11. Also, I haven’t been able to lay out my thoughts on the raids until now. Overall, they signify a continuation of rendition and the expansion of U.S. militarism into Africa.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Very useful -- How To Mine Bitcoin youtu.be/yUPqZGQyBw8 via @YouTube 7 hours ago
- Why Aren’t Americans Celebrating fall of ISIL State? It is a bogeyman juancole.com/?p=172252 8 hours ago
- RT @taizou_hori: tired: fuck buddies wired: https://t.co/1CK4pXG4cN 1 day ago
- There's a special in Hell for this asshole cnn.com/2017/12/10/pol… 1 day ago
- Three major trends have pushed many digital-media companies to the brink, @dkthomp writes. The solution? News publi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
December 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31