The twin U.S. raids in Libya and Somalia occurred almost a month ago but they’re still worth discussing, especially in light of the movie “Captain Phillips”, which stars Tom Hanks and is based on the 2009 hijacking of an American ship by Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean. The movie was released October 11. Also, I haven’t been able to lay out my thoughts on the raids until now. Overall, they signify a continuation of rendition and the expansion of U.S. militarism into Africa.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- Good question. nytimes.com/2017/04/22/opi… 3 hours ago
- This bill is a "fuck you" to the poor and working-class nytimes.com/2017/05/22/us/… 4 hours ago
- This underground railroad took slaves to freedom in Mexico pri.org/stories/2017-0… 4 hours ago
- Is The United States Militarizing Space? shadowproof.com/2017/05/18/uni… 6 hours ago
- Another example of racist hate crimes occurring on a regular basis under Trump's America. thenation.com/article/lynchi… 6 hours ago
May 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31