The long and drawn out 2012 presidential election is finally over and President Barack Obama was reelected. Shortly after he was reelected, Obama launched another drone strike in Yemen — a harbinger of what’s to come in his second term. It is worth going through Obama’s foreign policy during the past four years in order to assess what he’s done and understand what the future holds.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @dignified_n_old: Why did people have to go with this fantastical version of Trump where he’s a secret double agent with sinister Americ… 21 hours ago
- RT @adamjohnsonNYC: reminder in poll after poll S. Koreans overwhelmingly support the current peace process despite US media being overwhel… 21 hours ago
- RT @pulitzercenter: In a story straight out of the television series NCIS, Guantánamo's former base commander is indicted. @carolrosenberg… 21 hours ago
- Democrats https://t.co/1ewN6aOqVQ 21 hours ago
- RT @DarwinBondGraha: This was a first. A government agency tried to close out a Public Records Act request because of a change in the req… 22 hours ago
January 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31