With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- 5 Reasons Young Black Men Resort To Violence shar.es/DR3KQ via @ATLBlackStar 9 hours ago
- The US killed my brother with a drone. I want to know why via @AJAM alj.am/18aXRbV 9 hours ago
- Exposing Democrat Corporate Shills (with Josh Orton): youtu.be/c98vBPC_bT4 via @majorityfm 11 hours ago
- RT @MazMHussain: When people claim the Iraq War was meant an act of benevolence I tell them the post-9/11 mood wasn't 'lets do something ni… 12 hours ago
- The unspoken alliance: Israel’s secret relationship with apartheid South Africa mondoweiss.net/2013/12/allian… via @mondoweiss 1 day ago