With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @jenjajeh: Some Palestinians are Christian. Some Palestinians are Muslim. Some Palestinians are Jewish. The issue of Palestine-Isra… 3 hours ago
- RT @TheConsciousLee: A BLACK WOMAN.. Was The First Black Person to Run for US President.. though I’m familiar with the history of Ms. Chish… 4 hours ago
- RT @AubreyLefkowitz: I just learned that America's current wealth gap is wider than that of France in 1789, right before the revolution, so… 4 hours ago
- RT @AishaDaughter: To simply say Africa is poorly ruled and then to gloss over why, except to make some lazy essentialist claim about the s… 5 hours ago
- RT @sankarahours: The guys talk about a number of things in this latest episode: a workers' strike in Bath, Maine, a COVID-19 relief for in… 5 hours ago
August 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31