With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @AsterZephyrIsis: -Mandate 100% affordable for new development -Enforce acceptance of Section 8 vouchers -Expand city-wide rent control… 1 hour ago
- RT @briebriejoy: I'm late to post -- it's been a busy day -- but I couldn't be more excited to join the Sanders 2020 team! It was the progr… 1 hour ago
- Puzzling number of men tied to Ferguson protests have died abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/p… via @ABC News 1 day ago
- Mucad Ibrahim was separated from his family and killed during the shooting at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @glynco: #Guantánamo “Forever” Prisoner Speaks Out for the First Time...the notoriously flawed nature of the legal process at Guantánamo… 1 day ago
March 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31