With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @that_gai_gai: I implore all of my Americans to research why rat mine sniffers are needed in Cambodia and Laos 😕 twitter.com/reuters/status… 2 hours ago
- RT @wife_geist: ERCOT: our infrastructure was simply not designed for temperatures this cold also ERCOT: our infrastructure was simply not… 3 hours ago
- RT @lailatweetzx: I’m confused because when you needed Blacks to play slave owners you had no trouble finding them lol…. https://t.co/yPLbW… 3 hours ago
- RT @jordanbilal2: yt organizers (dsa affiliated) in OC & LA have raised over $2.6 Million (combined) since last summer and most folks on th… 3 hours ago
- RT @216_Nez: Your ancestors endured and survived one of the greatest and most prolonged atrocities in human history and you think they were… 3 hours ago
June 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30