With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- The African roots of blues music (the blues scale)
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
My Flickr Photos
- RT @kron4news: California is the only large state to make it out of the highest COVID-19 transmission risk category, according to the CDC.… 1 day ago
- RT @ericapanMD_CDPH: CA is one of the few states and the only large state to improve from red to orange COVID-19 Community levels of transm… 1 day ago
- RT @MoorInformation: September 15, 1970 — Today would have been Eric Garner’s 51st birthday. https://t.co/ACAIK7lx0T 1 day ago
- The shithead cops literally claimed they rescued her "lost" toddler on social media after they beat her up and brok… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @Sifill_LDF: The great underreported scandal is that jurisdictions are willing to pay out these settlements rather than end unconstituti… 1 day ago
September 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30