With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @son_of_malcolm: It’s important to study how & why Ancient Nile Valley Civilizations had their origins & antecedents in the interior of… 58 minutes ago
- This is really important. People, including many Black folks, think African-Americans lost all of our African cultu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- RT @_RaeTheMartian_: U gotta follow black ppl from other countries man. U will see why pan Africanism is so necessary. Dire.... to be fra… 1 hour ago
- RT @rinnyriot: Amplifying the message https://t.co/PJSiVYwjeK 1 hour ago
- This is a straight-up lie. African-Americans have culture. Jazz, blues, rock, etc. are part of Black culture & come… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
November 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30