With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @AsterZephyrIsis: 🚨SF Neighbors Solidarity Network🚨is delivering free groceries + supplies (hand sanitizer, gloves, mask) to our elders… 2 hours ago
- RT @MarkRicky97: i will not vote for this man twitter.com/JoeBudden/stat… 2 hours ago
- RT @coreypein: public broadcaster remembers who it works for twitter.com/malonebarry/st… 4 hours ago
- RT @sueonthetown: After Derrick Smith told his COVID-19 patient they needed a ventilator, the gasping patient asked: "who's going to pay fo… 4 hours ago
- RT @andraydomise: This is exactly what I was thinking about. Throwing Nina Turner under the bus was bad enough, but apologizing for the Zep… 4 hours ago
April 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30