With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @nytimes: A former Navy SEAL and current military lawyer who's defending a Qaeda suspect has been denied a promotion — a potentially car… 58 minutes ago
- Fires in the Amazon could be part of a doomsday scenario that sees the rainforest spewing carbon into the atmospher… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- Bernie Sanders unleashes $16 trillion climate plan that builds on Green New Deal usatoday.com/story/news/pol… 1 hour ago
- RT @BernieSanders: Unlike Trump we recognize climate change as the existential threat it is, not call it a hoax. We will create 20 million… 3 hours ago
- RT @PeoplesOracle: These aren't wildfires. These are government-sanctioned fires used to weaponize climate change against indigenous people… 3 hours ago
August 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31