With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @amalahmed214: It makes me really upset that a lot of journalists I'm following are finally outraged about the AP building bombing but l… 15 minutes ago
- RT @GatesSauce: We always talk about Pharrell but Ludacris done looked the same since I was in 3rd grade lol twitter.com/WORLDSTAR/stat… 42 minutes ago
- RT @NatashaMLee: Being Black is NOT a predictor for health disparities. Anti-Black racism IS a predictor for health disparities. I’m tir… 1 hour ago
- RT @Ali_reports: Clean video of Israeli missile bombing of Al Jazeera and AP office building in Gaza on 5/15/2021. #Gaza #الجزيرة https://… 4 hours ago
- RT @queersocialism: bernie sanders & alexandria ocasio-cortez being the best the US has to offer us politically, should offend + disgust us… 4 hours ago
May 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31