With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @Phil_Lewis_: Today would have been Emmett Till’s 80th birthday. https://t.co/6Occ8opO4C 11 hours ago
- RT @ducorwriter: Been reading. The privatization or commercialization of space we're hearing about now is actually the US militarization of… 13 hours ago
- RT @xspotsdamark: Y'all need to read about Ahmed Sekou Toure. He's the O.G anti colonialism & African independence. Toure took one for tea… 15 hours ago
- RT @xspotsdamark: Europeans were accusing Africans of human sacrifice, while in that same period, Europeans were burning hundreds of thousa… 21 hours ago
- RT @xspotsdamark: Maybe it's because native born African-Americans are captured subjects of the American empire & Black immigrants aren't?… 23 hours ago
July 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31