With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @lelo_bosschick: They don't make African leaders like this anymore. twitter.com/ncambirwa/stat… 2 hours ago
- RT @NotNihal: it’s very clear in times like these who treats black and indigenous folks like an afterthought 2 hours ago
- RT @mhdksafa: Heartbreaking. 6 year daughter started school last week. Got Covid-19 in school and just passed away. Killed her in 7 days. 5 hours ago
- Facts. This is also why I firmly believe Black liberation should never rely on waiting for privileged non-Black ppl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- RT @CAFireScanner: #CreekFire: 271,938 acres, 25% contained. #BearFire/#NorthComplex: 289,981 acres, 62% contained. #NorthComplexWestZone:… 5 hours ago
September 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30