With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @dignified_n_old: Why did people have to go with this fantastical version of Trump where he’s a secret double agent with sinister Americ… 21 hours ago
- RT @adamjohnsonNYC: reminder in poll after poll S. Koreans overwhelmingly support the current peace process despite US media being overwhel… 21 hours ago
- RT @pulitzercenter: In a story straight out of the television series NCIS, Guantánamo's former base commander is indicted. @carolrosenberg… 21 hours ago
- Democrats https://t.co/1ewN6aOqVQ 21 hours ago
- RT @DarwinBondGraha: This was a first. A government agency tried to close out a Public Records Act request because of a change in the req… 22 hours ago
January 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31