With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @uhshanti: every other campaign is in the convention center networking but we’re out here pregaming a canvass https://t.co/Mai7c7BmY4 4 hours ago
- RT @KyleKulinski: 90% civilian drone death rate. twitter.com/JoeBiden/statu… 5 hours ago
- RT @arsenalcode: A well read and historically conscious artist is a very powerful tool. The likes of Bob Marley and Fela Kuti played a huge… 5 hours ago
- RT @arsenalcode: Afrikan/Black Unity. Symbolism is art. Bob Marley's 1979 SURVIVAL album cover art. It depicts the flags of independent Af… 5 hours ago
- RT @shannonrwatts: Gracie Anne Muehlberger, 15, and Dominic Blackwell, 14, were the two victims murdered at their Santa Clarita school on T… 6 hours ago
November 2019 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30