With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @della_morte_: The bar is so low you have to excavate miles underground to even see it. twitter.com/karenattiah/st… 49 minutes ago
- Woah! twitter.com/ebyesterday/st… 1 hour ago
- RT @della_morte_: There’s a reason why so much of the propaganda directed at the Black Community since the 60s has been to push people towa… 3 hours ago
- I mean... twitter.com/cableknitjumpe… https://t.co/oh4Ve3GjUI 5 hours ago
- RT @taylucifer95: RT if you have more followers than kanye has votes https://t.co/94I6DxTUib 6 hours ago
November 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30