With high unemployment, massive poverty, inequality, and a weak economic recovery, the economy is obviously the number-one issue in public consciousness. President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney continue to trade barbs on the presidential campaign trail. Romney accuses Obama of being “anti-business”, while Obama criticizes Romney’s record with Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm that was involved in outsourcing American jobs overseas. Amidst this cacophony of superficial babble and quacking from two politicians backed by multinational corporations and Wall Street, one fact is conveniently left out of the discussion — the $1 trillion national security budget.
Make independent journalism possible!
Most Recent Posts
- Libya and Somalia raids — more rendition, more wars in Africa
- Guantanamo lawyers’ letter urges Obama to declassify CIA torture program details
- Privileged white people are not the only ones concerned about war
- Reporting from Guantanamo (June 10 — June 22)
- Obama’s speech on drones and Gitmo is a repackaging of permanent war
My Flickr Photos
- RT @Tedpinson: I didn’t realize that @BernieSanders’s Medicare 4all plan involved covering home healthcare.I’m surprised this hasn’t receiv… 27 minutes ago
- RT @rebeccanagle: After a month of organizing, over 200 Cherokee citizens and Native voices published an open letter to @ewarren calling on… 11 hours ago
- RT @TheKitchenista: I feel so helpless right now. Didn’t want to resort to this on social. It’s overwhelming. This is a nightmare I wouldn’… 20 hours ago
- RT @PlazaSixteen: In case ya missed the news! 👇🏽 twitter.com/plazasixteen/s… 1 day ago
- RT @SirCoreGant: So forgive me if I don’t accept liberals trying to purport that they’re the ones receiving the lion share of harassment wh… 1 day ago
February 2020 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29